Sunday, August 9, 2009

The evening edition...

I just got my nightly phone call from CW.

"Why are you callin' me?"
*giggles* "Because I miss you!"
"Uh-huh. You only miss me because I'm not there telling you take a shower, wipe your bum and don't pee on the toilet seat."
*Outright laughter* "Mom! I don't pee on the toilet seat here -"
"Well good, but do you think you could refrain from peeing on the seat here?"

The conversation went downhill from there. :) She'd been watching the Spiderwick Chronicles and Mulgarath freaked her out. Commonsense Media says that it's fine for 8 years old, but after reading the books (before handing them off to her) I was wondering about the final fight scenes...especially since they freaked her out a bit in the books.

Apparently SG is so worn out on a daily basis out there that he's sleeping solidly - even taking naps during the day. Today Grandpa took him out on the golf cart, since he'd climbed up on it and put on Grandpa's hat. I asked Matt if there was a key or something that could be separated from the cart. Apparently everything he needs to run the cart is all right there. And he watched how to do it all, so I suggested the possibility of golf-cart abetted escape.

Matt's take on it was, "Well, he can't reach the pedals, so he can't go anywhere..."
"Honey, have you met your son? He seems to be lulling you into a false sense of security."

No comments:

Post a Comment