Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last week when I went to the store, I purchased and brought home jumbo corn muffins. At some point during the afternoon, while CW and I were out getting our allergy shots, SG ate most of one, and had left crumbs all over the living room. Not surprising in the least.

Later that evening, Matt took him upstairs to get ready for bed, and I followed a few minutes later when it was evident from the noise that things were not proceeding smoothly. I noticed a substantial trail of corn muffin crumbs going up the stairs, but somehow dismissed it when it didn't go past the top step.

Helped out with bedtime, and ended up offering SG the option of coming into our room and laying down to watch Star Trek with me. He immediately calmed down and happily agreed, so we went into our room...where we discovered the rest of the rather large corn muffin shredded and spread out all over Matt's side of the bed.

While vacuuming it out of the bed, I caught myself trying so hard not to smile or laugh that I was kind of bug-eyed, and my tongue was stuck in my cheek. It dawned on me that it was the same expression I'd seen SO MANY TIMES on my grandmother's face.

I'm so sorry Gramma. I understand now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment