Wednesday, January 4, 2012

CW and I were in Target yesterday, and wandering around and found ourselves in the mirror section. She stood there looking at herself and me, and finally asked me, "Why do all the girls at school wear skinny jeans?"

I told her that it was likely that it's because that's the style right now, and that some of us like to wear boots over jeans, as opposed to the other way 'round. (I had to work on that one since I was standing there in a mid thigh-length cardigan over jeggings and my red boots over those.)

I don't recall the exact conversation, but I told her that a lot of it is about fashion and comfort, and which one is more important to you (if it ends up being a choice) and finally ended up asking her if she was "all the other girls," to which she replied that no, she wasn't. :) I think she was happy with the conversation... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment