Thursday, July 23, 2009

Spiderman or the Incredible Hulk?

People ask me, has he really defeated ALL of the childproofing measures in your home? Well, let's see, he climbs over gates whenever he wants to, opens the doors unless they are locked, works on door knob covers until the door opens, opens our back gate. Really, the only thing that's defeated him is the Tot-Lok cabinet locks. Yesterday he pushed something (it wasn't there when I discovered him, and I'm hoping he hasn't developed the ability to scale bare walls) over near the door, so that he could unhook a key chain that was close to 5 feet off the floor. Then he proceeded to try to unlock the deadbolt on the front door - I'm assuming from past performances that it was with the goal of getting out of the house. I did not hear ANY of this, and I was about 15 feet away, without a clear line of sight. What I finally heard was, "Ididit! Ididit! Ohohoh!!!" and him dancing and stomping in glee...

What I found was that he'd inserted the key for the storm door into the front door's deadbolt, and in trying to turn the key, had bent it about 30 degrees. Great. My dad suggested keeping a sturdy paper clip and superglue handy to remove the inevitable broken key from the lock, in addition to raising the key hooks some more. They're going to be on the ceiling pretty soon. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment